Peppermint Shrimp for sale
Peppermint shrimp are very popular to keep in marine reef tanks as well as invert safe fish tanks. Mostly because they are very easy to care for, and they keep the bottom areas clean naturally beings they are scavengers. For reef tanks they also are helpful because they prefer to eat glass and other undesirable growths. Also, peppermint shrimp for sale scavenge left over food, dead snails and other animals. Since peppermint shrimp are reef-safe, they are always thought to be a valued member of any marine clean-up crew.
Peppermint Shrimp Information:
- Purchase Size: 0.6″-1.25″ long
- Max Size: 1.85″
- Water Parameters: 71-79° F, dKH 8-12, pH 8.3-8.6, sg 1.022-1.026
- Color: Pink/off-white with red striations
- Marine Reef-Tank Safe: Yes
- Diet: Omnivore. Peppermint shrimp do not require supplemental feeding so long as you are feeding your fish. As scavengers, these shrimps will wander the live rock in your reef aquarium searching for food in the name of left over, or waste matter. Lastly, if the animal requires food beyond clean up duties, offering it meaty frozen food as well as normal pelleted fish food is fine.